Christmas is the time to spread cheer and there is no better way to do this than to bake a chocolate cake for your loved ones. Here is a recipe to bake that perfect cake.
- 200g plain chocolate (for the icing).
- 225g plain flour
- 350g sugar
- 85g cocoa powder
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 250ml milk
- 250ml boiling water
- 2 eggs
- 1 & ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 & ½ tsk soda bicarbonate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas.
- Grease and line two 20cm/8in sandwich tins.
- Mix plain flour, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, baking powder and soda bicarbonate in to a large bowl. (Refer to the ingredients for quantities).
- Use a spoon or whisk to beat the mixture until smooth.
- Add boiling water to the mixture. (Pour the water little by little till smooth).
- Pour the batter into the sandwich tins and bake it for 25- 30 mins.
- Once the cake is ready keep it aside to cool.
- For the icing, heat the chocolate in a pan till it melts.
- Whisk the melted chocolate till it is smooth and creamy.
- Set it aside to cool.
- Apply a little bit of the chocolate icing on one the cake pieces with a knife.
- Place the other cake piece over it.
- Add the rest of the chocolate icing on top of the second piece.
- Add Christmas decorations like hollies, horse shoes and mini Santa Clauses to make it prettier.
So this year, start the season’s greetings with a yummy chocolate cake.
The Catchphrase Blog would also like to wish its readers a very Merry Christmas.